Date and Location
Saturday, July 9th, 2022
525 Sawdust Rd #101
Spring, TX 77380
$30 ($25 If you register by June 15, 2022)
NAF Membership is required, and we will have someone onsite that will help get you signed up at a discounted price.
To pay: Send your registration fee via PayPal (www.paypal.me/bradwales/30), along with your Name, e-mail address, NAF number, and NAF Name if you are currently member.
To complete registration, send your completed roster to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, July 2, 2022.
- 10:00 to 10:20 – Registration
- 10:30 to 12:45 – Round 1
- 12:45 to 1:45 – Break/Lunch
- 1:45 to 4:00 – Round 2
- 4:00 to 4:15 – Break
- 4:15 to 6:30 – Round 3
- 6:30 to 6:45 – Break
- 6:45 – Awards
Unless specifically stated otherwise, we will be using the current “2nd Season” rules for BloodBowl including Deathzone, all Spike Magazines 11 to current, the BloodBowl 2022 Annual, and any additional rules considered official by GW.
- Special Play cards will NOT be allowed.
- The Illegal Procedure rule will not be in use, nor is the 4-minute “timer” rule. However at the request of either coach a chess clock may be used to get the match on pace to finish on time.
- Normal resurrection rules are in effect, meaning that SPPs are not recorded and injuries do not carry over between games.
- The Bayou City Bash Kickoff Table will be used instead of the standard Blood Bowl kickoff table.
Team Building Rules
You are given 1,200,000 gold pieces to build your team using the approved team lists.
- You may purchase players, rerolls, dedicated fans, coaches, and cheerleaders as normal with this money.
- Wizards, Journeymen, Special Play cards, and Mercenaries are NOT ALLOWED
- You may purchase any other inducements for your team, including Star Players
- You must have at least 11 players on your team.
- If you are including a Star Player on your team, you must have 11 players before hiring a star player.
- There is no Highlander Rule: You may have the same Star Player as your opponent. If both of you attempt to field the same player, then that star player will play for both teams as if he were two different players. Many star players will use magical doppelgangers or time travel in order to collect the exorbitant prices that they can charge. Also, you cannot use Mortuary Assistants or Apothecaries on Star Players.
- Argue The Call: For this to be allowed, you must have a coach model that is thematically accurate for your team. No regular players or oddball figures. Final discretion is given to the organizer as to what qualifies.
- All teams will get 1 Dedicated Fan for free as per normal teambuilding rules.
After team is built, you are given a skill package based on team tier and number of Star Players
- If you have no Star Players you can take either Package A or Package B
- In place of a secondary skill you may take a primary skill.
- All skills are assigned before the tournament begins (i.e. no progression) and should be reflected on team rosters.
- Each player may receive no more than 2 added skills.
- Your team may only take up to four of any specific skill
Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Human, Lizardmen, Necromantic Horror, Norse, Orcs, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Underworld Denizens, Wood Elf:
A. 6 Primary Skills
B. 4 Primary Skills + 1 Secondary Skills
C. 3 Primary Skills + Access to 1 Star Player
D. 0 Primary Skills + Access to 2 Star Players
Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegades, Elven Union, High Elf, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Nurgle, Old World Alliance, Slaan, Tomb Kings, Vampire:
A. 7 Primary Skills + 1 Secondary Skill
B. 5 Primary Skills + 2 Secondary Skills
C. 5 Primary Skills + Access to 1 Star Player
D. 2 Primary Skills + Access to 2 Star Players
Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Snotling:
A. 8 Primary Skills + 2 Secondary Skills
B. 6 Primary Skills + 3 Secondary Skill
C. 6 Primary Skills + Access to 1 Star Player
D. 3 Primary Skills + Access to 2 Star Players
NAF Tournament Info
This will be a NAF approved tournament. If you wish to receive limited edition yearly gift and have your tournament progress tracked, there will be a NAF official onsite accepting registration for the cost of $5/year. More information can be found at TheNAF.net
The time limit WILL be strictly enforced. You will receive ‘Time Remaining’ updates from the Tournament Organizer to help you stay on pace.
When time is called, you will play “even turns”. If you just started turn 7(for example), then you and your opponent each finish turn 7. If the inactive player has already played the current turn the game ends upon completion of the active player’s current turn.
As stated above a chess clock may be requested by either coach after the 1 hour mark.
Only GW, NAF, or Texas Block Dice will be allowed. You are required to share dice with your opponent if requested. (We may ban dice sharing based on how the COVID-19 Statistics look at the time of tournament)
During each round, you will fill out a score sheet to track your progress. At the end of the match, you will add up the scoring as follows:
- A WIN is worth 60pts
- A DRAW is worth 30pts
- A LOSS is worth 10pts
- If you cause 1 more Casualties than your opponent you earn +2 bonus pts
- If you cause 2 or more Casualties than your opponent you earn +5 bonus pts
- If you win by 2 Touchdowns you earn +2 bonus pts
- If you win by 3 or more Touchdowns you earn +5 bonus pts
- If you finished the game before time is called you receive +3 bonus pts (you only receive these bonus points if your results sheets are turned into the TO before time is called)
Please note that casualties counted toward the above include those from blocks, fouls, chainsaws, bombs, stabs, thrown players landing on an opposing player, and Crowd Surfing. If they are from your opponents own teammates, failed dodges, failed rushes, or directly from a kickoff event they do not count.
There is a no championship game the standings will solely be determined by total points
There will be no overtime played. If your game ends in a draw, it’s draw.
The scoring system has been setup to hopefully get the most accurate representation of how everyone has performed. If, by chance there is a tie in Tournament points, the ties will be broken in this order:
- Winning Percentage
- Head to Head
- TD Diff + Cas Diff
- TD Diff
- Rat Ogre Ball
All teams are expected to meet the minimum painted guidelines. They must have 3 colors on them and have had some attempt at making them appear finished.
We are here to enjoy the game of Blood Bowl. We expect good sportsmanship. Note that:
Fouling 16 turns in a row and running up the score is not poor sportsmanship, but gloating and ridiculing your opponent while doing so is.
In order to qualify for any award, the coach must complete all 3 rounds.
The following awards will be given out after the last round:
- Bash Champ – Most Tournament Points.
- Almost Bash Champ – Second Most Tournament Points.
- Best Offense – Most TDs
- Most Bashy – Most Casualties
- Lil’ Bash Award– Highest rated Stunty Team (Halflings, Goblins, Ogre, Snotling) in the standings
- Bugman’s Best – Best team as decided by the participants of the event. Tournament Organizer will break ties.
- Most Sporting – Best Sportsman (as decided by participants. Tournament Organizer will break ties. )
Coaches will only be eligible for one award. Tournament Organizer will trickle-down an award to the next eligible player. Exceptions are Bugmans Best and Most Sporting which are voted upon by your peers.
Bayou City Bash Kickoff Table
|Get The Ref
The ref has been paid by each of the supporting merchant houses to look the other way.
Each Team gets a free bribe Inducement as described on page 91. This Inducement must be used before the end of the game or it is lost.
Then fans start a riot in the stands temporarily halting the game. By the time order is restored the timekeeper has been hospitalized and his sundial has been knocked over. The referee estimates the time left as best he can.
If the kicking team’s turn marker is on turn 6, 7 or 8 for the half, both coaches move their turn marker back one space. Otherwise, both coaches move their turn marker forward one space.
D3+3 Open player on the kicking team may be removed and setup again in different locations, following all of the usual set-up rules.
One open player on the receiving team may be moved any number of squares, regardless of their MA, and placed in the same square the ball will land in.
Some fans get riled up and start throwing food and drinks in commemorative goblets onto the the field distracting one or both of the teams on the field.
Both Coaches roll a D6 and add the number of cheerleaders on their Team Draft list. The coach with the lowest total (or in the case of a tie, both coaches) has -1 to their MA on all their players for the next turn, though they may make one one additional rush that turn.
One of the supporting merchant houses hires a wizard to cast a feeblemind spell on one of the coaches.
Both coaches roll a D6 and add the number of assistant coaches on their Team Draft list. The coach with the lowest total loses a team re-roll for the drive ahead. If they do not have a reroll to lose the opposing team gains a reroll which, if not used before the end of this drive, is lost. In the case of a tie, neither coach loses a re-roll.
Make a new roll on the Weather table and apply result. If the weather conditions are “Perfect Conditions” as a result of this roll, the ball will scatter, as described on page 25, before landing.
D3+3 Open players on the receiving team may immediately move one square in any direction.
D3+3 Open players on the receiving team may immediately activate to perform a Move action. One may perform a Blitz action and one may perform a Throw Team-mate action. If a player Falls over or is Knocked Down, no further players can be activated and the Blitz ends immediately.
An assassin hired by one of the supporting merchant houses throws a poison dart at one of the players on the field.
Both coaches roll a D6 and add their Fan Factor to the result. The coach that rolls the lowest randomly selects one of their players from among those on the pitch, in the case of a tie, both coaches randomly select a player. Roll a D6 for the selected player(s), On a roll of 2+, the player is only slightly affected by the poison, is Placed Prone and becomes Stunned. On a roll of 1 however, the player is badly hurt. The coach may use an apothecary (if available) to revive the player and place him in the reserves box.
|Bash ’em All!!!
Some overzealous fans storm the field and attack both of the teams.
Both coaches roll a D6 and add their Fan Factor to the result. The coach that rolls the lowest randomly selects 3 of their players from among those on the pitch. The coach that rolls highest randomly selects 2 of their players from among those on the pitch. (In the case of a tie, both coaches randomly select 2 players from among those on the pitch.) All of the randomly selected players are placed prone and become stunned.